Wednesday 9 June 2010

Animation Evaluation

Overall, I am pleased with my completed work. I feel that I got the hang of animating pretty quickly and so was able to enjoy the process of animating the story of Evee and Bentley; however if I was to do it again I would make much more of an effort to manage my time efficiently. I decided the sequence was successful as I feel it kept fairly well to the animatic and ideas I had in my head.

I have learned a lot during the whole process about how to animate certain things, plus how to vary speed in animation and such, and learned I should really be more organised. I have also learned to use various equipment and software on the Mac, which was difficult as I am not accustomed to using Macs.

My ideas developed steadily, although admittedly not by much, but overall in a way I am satisfied with. I used a hand-drawn technique with as little computer aid as possible to keep it as close to what I had always wanted to do as I could. I'm pleased to say my work portrayed most of my original ideas and intentions, although some had to be simplified for various reasons such as time and effort. I kept to the original storyboard, although I had to cut quite a bit out as it was too long and complicated for me to animate in such a short space of time.

I got my ideas for the animation from characters I had already invented, purely from imaginings of what might go on in Evee and Bentley's day-to-day life. The hardest part of my animation sequence was starting each scene off, but as soon as I had got started it was usually fairly easy for me to get into it. Drawing the walk cycle was the most difficult thing for me, and I had to reference an animation book in order to be able to complete it. The easiest part was coming up with the ideas and storyboard, as I already had a lot in mind for Evee and Bentley. I made sure to keep safe and professional within working practices, although I did avoid the assigned control measures for risks such as wearing gloves to prevent paper cuts, as I did not feel they were vitally necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment