Tuesday 15 June 2010

Transferable Skills

Throughout the project, I needed to apply skills outside of animating to help me progress. Drawing, a skill developed through art lessons, was needed most greatly for animating and developing Evee and Bentley.

Acting as a skill was needed because knowledge of how reactions of the characters might ensue was needed. Furthermore, knowledge on physical reactions of arms and hands rather than facial expressions was greatly needed, as this is the only way that I could portray Bentley's emotions. Having previously done amateur dramatics out of school and drama lessons in school, plus some talented classmates to learn from, I felt I knew enough about acting to apply it to my project.



Writing was another transferable skill required, in order to filter ideas for Evee and Bentley; to write them down and solidify them. Animating Evee and Bentley would be impossible without any solid foundation of ideas to push them into entertaining situations. Having written stories and ideas down before, plus honing this skill in English lessons, it was easy to use this skill for animation purposes.

ICT skills were also required, but as I did not know everything I needed in this area, I had to learn throughout the course of the project. I feel that throughout the project, I learned a lot about ICT and using the computer to help me animate.

No comments:

Post a Comment