Tuesday 15 June 2010

Feedback



Throughout the animation course, I received a lot of feedback on things such as my ideas, the animation, and how to animate it. This played a large role on how the animation turned out, and really helped the progress of it all.

My peers were very positive about my ideas for Evee and Bentley, which gave me the confidence to stick with them. My animation teacher, Mr Haycocks, gave feedback by furthering ideas on different ways of how Bentley could be animated, such as interesting ticks and amusing habits he could have. One of these ideas was for him to move his thumb and finger like a mouth when he talked; unfortunately, as there was no talking during the animation, this idea could not be used, but it helped more ideas for Bentley's movements to spawn. Another improvement Mr Haycocks helped achieve was the way Evee moved, by thinking of more interesting ways she would walk.



Stuart Messinger gave feedback on the actual animating of it; as an experienced animator himself, he suggested that I use keyframing, which really helped me create smoother animations more easily, particularly the walk cycle.





Spencer, a technician at the school, suggested that I use Anime Studio - a program on Mac - to animate Bentley. This would have made things a lot quicker and easier, but it didn't suit the style of Evee and Bentley so I decided not to use it. However, I did use his and Adam's suggestion of using Final Cut to put it together.



Various other aspects of the animation were altered due to comments and feedback received by peers and teachers, such as music, repeating backgrounds for the walk cycle, and reusing the walk cycle to both fill time and to show it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment