Monday 7 June 2010

Obtaining Permission


Due to copyright issues, in order to be able to use the song I wanted for my animation, I had to request permission from the copyright holders of the song. I did this via a license data form on their official website.

The song I wanted for my animation was "Day at the Seaside" by John Renbourn from his album "Another Monday". Originally I had wanted "Better Together" by Jack Kohnson, as I felt both the meaning behind the song and the gentle, calm mood of the song suited Evee and Bentley. However, I found another song that I felt suited the animation even better: "Townshend Shuffle" by William Ackerman. Not only did the song carry the same gentle, calm but at the same time cheerful mood that I wanted, but it did not have words, which suited Evee and Bentley.

However, I could not obtain Copyright permission and I did not even have access to the song. To compensate, my animation teacher found an album he owned that had a very similar kind of music. The song "Day at the Seaside" from this album fitted perfectly with my animation, and so I decided to use that instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment